Sharon - Living with Lupus

Friday, October 30, 2009

Simply Beautiful

I love my job. Ask anybody.

I know that I am so fortunate that at 30 years old, I have a career and not a just a job. I may not wander into the office at 10:30 some mornings but hey, when I finally arrive, I get things done.

Within the past two days, my office made something hugely miraculous happen for one of our members. Now, I want to be clear, I had no part in this. I was at the spa. Yes, if lupus hasn't taught me anything it has taught me to take time for s-e-l-f. So my boss and colleague traveled to Indiana and presented the member and her parents with a trip to Sea World. It was always a dream of hers to swim with dolphins and the office made it happen. It's a beautiful thing to look forward to after doctor's have told her that there is nothing left that they can do for her. It's the least that we could do after doctors had informed her that although she has lupus, cancer has spread to 93% of her lymph nodes. It's a beautiful thing to be able to do something for someone that just allows them to throw up their hands with glee. It truly is beautiful.

Common people doing uncommon things...for others. Try it sometime.

2 comments:

TheRealCherish said...

Natasha, thank you for stopping by and for recognizing Team Cakesy. We do not have a link to reply to you by email but you can email us directly at therealcherish (at) gmail dotcom
Thanks!
Cherish

Unknown said...

Thanks to this great herbal doctor who cured me of LUPUS DISEASE his name is Dr. Iyabiye. I suffered LUPUS for over 12 years with pains like: Achy joints, Skin rash, Pain in the chest, swollen joints and many more. The anti-inflammatory drugs couldn’t help, until I read about his recommendation 4 months ago, I contacted him and he administered his medication on me and I was confirmed cured and free at the hospital after taken his medication. You too can be cured if interested. Contacts: iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com
(+2348072229413 / +2348158577300)